Wednesday, March 27, 2013

March 27th Post

My initial difficulties with the class was the blogging itself. I have never blogged in my life and had no intention of doing so until I joined this class. Admittedly, I was terrified of the format and sharing my opinions in such a public format and considered dropping the class. The lectures and topics we discussed kept me enrolled in the course, and I still have a lot of trouble with the format. I wish that I had more knowledge about blogging, especially about political issues that are potentially incendiary to someone of an opposing viewpoint. The fact the class is so large allowed me to find comfort in the fact that realistically, only a few people would read my posts, if any. I have not had a class at IU before where each person in the class has the ability to read each response or I produced. It was definitely caused me to triple and quadruple check every post I had in the very beginning to make sure my point was clear and maybe a little less opinionated than I had originally intended. 

Also, it was interesting to see the different styles people use for various posts, especially the personal reflections. I learned a lot from other class blogs about posting styles that are accessible to the reader. 

Things I'd like to write about for the class review:
1) Relating to topics: I wish we had covered less topics, but more in depth about each topic that we did cover. At times, it felt like we were forced to rush certain topics and were only presented with two or three articles about a subject. 
2) The class size: I found it difficult to really get into discussions with people about the topics because of the class size. Maybe a smaller class in the future?
3) Maybe having the class choose a topic and work on finding a speaker of their own to bring in. Just to change things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment